(Please click on my LinkedIn profile to view an updated and edited complete CV.)
• Creative writer with extensive experience as editor, translator and proofreader
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Management experience
• Flexible; able to accommodate to schedule changes
• Able to manage strict deadlines and several projects simultaneously
• MS Office, Internet proficiency. HTML, MCS (WordPress, Sitecore), TRADOS, InCopy, and Photoshop knowledge
DILIGENT Aug 2013 /Present
Freelance Spanish Quality Manager
TRANSPERFECT July 2013/Present
Freelance Spanish Quality Manager
CREATIVE CIRCLE 2006/Present
•Edit and proofread copy for Prime Access, Cult and Kaplow, among other agencies
UNDERSTOOD.ORG June 2014/January 2015
DIGITAL Freelance Editor/Translator/Proofreader https://www.understood.org/es-mx
RIVET May 2011/Oct 2012
Bilingual Copy Editor/Proofreader/Translator
• Translated, edited and proofread all copy related to direct mail and print marketing campaigns, including legal text
GLOBAL WORKS 2006/2010
Bilingual Language Consultant/Copy Editor/Proofreader/Translator/Copywriter
• Translated, edited and proofread all copy related to marketing campaigns (from print to TV)
• Collaborated with the Hispanic Creative Department to produce
• Wrote tag lines and product descriptions
Freelance Writer for ‘Ser Padres’ and ‘Siempre Mujer’ magazines http://serpadres.com/
• Wrote cover stories in Spanish about health, education and behavior (over 1,000 words)
GLOBAL HUE 2007/2008
• Translated, edited and proofread all copy related to marketing campaigns including legal text (from print to TV)
Bilingual Copy Editor/Translator/Proofreader/Copy Writer
• Translated/edited musician/CD reviews for entire Latin market
• Proofread all materials related to direct mail including legal texts (catalogs, inserts, letters, e-mails, etc.)
• Wrote musician/CD reviews
SCHNEPS PUBLICATIONS, INC. 2003/2004
Editor-in-Chief for Newspaper ‘El Correo de Queens’
• Established a first-time free newspaper for Queens’ Hispanic community (42 pages, 40% editorial/circulation of 35,000 biweekly)
• Interviewed and hired writers, photographers and graphic designers
• Supervised a group of six people
• Edited all articles and selected photos
• Managed public relations and created sales strategies
• Wrote at least five articles for each issue, including opinion columns
Reporter/Editor for Hoy, LLC
• Supervised freelance writers and edited their articles
• Assisted the Editor-in-Chief with the cover page, choosing headlines and pictures
• Wrote articles on topics such as education, economics, immigration, international issues, travel, health, style and food
• Evaluated and edited articles from the AP and EFE for eight daily pages
• Translated cable-news from English into Spanish
• Coordinated columnists and edited their stories
ADDITIONAL FREELANCE EXPERIENCE
Compassionate Care Hospice, Volunteer translator.
Footsteps, Spanish proofreader.
Royal Caribbean International, Editor.
Shape Magazine, Writer.
Wing Latino, Copywriter.
Prime Access, Spanish proofreader.
Premedia Global, Editor/translator.
Language Works, Editor/translator.
Berlitz Institute, Spanish teacher.
Conexión, Writer for web sites.
TV News Hora 13, Reporter. Medellin.
Newspaper El Tiempo, Reporter. Bogota.
Coopantex, Communications Manager. Medellin.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Communication-Journalism
Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana. Medellin-Colombia. 1990-1995
Continuing Education in Urban Journalism
Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana. Medellin-Colombia. 01-12/1998
Advanced English Writing and Grammar
LaGuardia Community College. Queens-New York. 04-07/2010